The National Speakers Association (NSA) is the leading organization for professional speakers. Since 1973, NSA has provided resources and education designed to advance the skills, integrity and value of its members and the speaking profession.
NSA offers industry-specific information and training in the areas of business management, marketing and presentation skills. Perhaps more importantly, NSA brings professional speakers into a community with networking, mentoring and leadership opportunities. NSA’s past president, Mark LeBlanc, puts it simply:
“People join NSA for two reasons and two reasons only: to speak more and to speak better. That’s it.”
- Articles of Incorporation were filed on July 12, 1973 in the County of Maricopa, State of Arizona.
- The Association is governed by Bylaws and guided by Board policies.
- The Internal Revenue Service determined National Speakers Association is a 501(c)(6).
- organization. This means NSA is exempt from Federal income tax under the provisions of the
- Internal Revenue Code.
- NSA is required to file Form 990.
- NSA’s accounting period ending is May 31st.
- NSA Board Members, directors and officers are covered by a $2 million Directors & Officers general liability insurance.
Who Are Our Members
NSA’s thousands of members include experts in a variety of industries and disciplines, who reach audiences as trainers, educators, humorists, motivators, consultants, authors and more. There are six classes of members:
- Professional Affiliate
NSA's first 10 chapters were officially chartered at the 1981 Convention: the Arizona Speakers Association; the Florida Speakers Association; the Georgia Speakers Association; the Greater Los Angeles Chapter; the National Capital Speakers Association; the North Texas Speakers Association; NSA of Indiana; NSA of Northern California; Ohio Speakers Forum; and Wisconsin Professional Speakers Association. Today NSA has 35 state and regional independently-run chapters throughout the United States.
Designations and Awards
The award is the highest honor the membership of National Speakers Association can bestow on a peer. The award is presented annually at the national convention to the member whose accomplishments over the years have reflected outstanding credit, respect, honor and admiration on the Association and the entire profession of speaking; and, whose actions (in terms of sharing, guiding and inspiring other members) most closely parallel the illustrious career of our founder
CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame®
Awarded to a maximum of five members annually for demonstrated platform excellence and professionalism.
CSP – Certified Speaking Professional
This designation signifies achievement through a proven record of speaking experience; including a minimum number of fee-paid presentations, continuing education credits and consecutive years of professional speaking experience.
Master of Influence Award
Presented to speakers who have significantly influenced generations of speakers and whose distinguished careers have brought honor and recognition to the speaking profession.
President’s Award for Distinguished Service
Given annually to those who have provided exceptional service and demonstrated dedication to the Association.
NSA members have access to the following resources:
- NSA events, including our conventions, conferences, labs and webinars.
- Member-only web content, including downloadable materials and a member directory.
- The opportunity to join a local chapter where members connect and learn.
- Access to smaller Community Groups designed to connect speakers with similar interests or areas of expertise.
- Publications and materials designed to improve skills, keep members up-to-date on the latest trends and more. These include:
The magazine features trends, issues and perspectives about and for the professional speaking industry. Ten issues are produced annually in print and digital formats.
Voices of Experience®
Distributed 10 times annually and mailed with each issue of Speaker magazine, Voices of
Experience® features interviews with leaders in the speaking industry.
Paid to Speak: Best Practices for Building a Successful Speaking Business – Winner of 2011
ForeWord Silver Award – Career Category https:/botya.forewordreviews.com/books/paid-to-speak/
Speak More! Marketing Strategies to Get More Speaking Business